The renovation of the 18th green will start on Monday the 20th, with removing the grass around the left of the existing green to allow an area to store fill as it becomes available. This fill is going to be used to fill in the bunker of the right hand side of 17.
The bulk of the work won’t start until early July however trucks will be rolling across the carpark and dumping in the area left of the 18th green over the next month so please be careful around these areas.
The green as it is will remain in play for as long as we can have it, at the time it becomes too dangerous or the green is rolled up the alternate 8th will become the 18th green and fairways mowed accordingly. No date is set for the new green to be in play as there are so many variables with a project like this at this early stage.
It’s great to be involved with these projects which will make your club an even more desirable destination for you, visitors and potential new members alike.
Eighteenth Green Renovations NOTES
- Plan as drawn as a basic drawing, this is so that we can have a discussion and changes will be made as the development progresses. It is not a rigid plan and can be adapted as it is developed, depending on amount of fill collected and funding available.
- This is a combination of the design done previously and new input on design
- Green will be slopping towards the clubhouse slightly and will have closely mown fringe to the out of bounds line, to encourage designed angle of approach.
- There will be ample landing area where the existing bunker on the right hand side is.
- There will at this stage only be one bunker as marked top right of green, this will be a deeper bunker design than existing. We will monitor play with a view to putting one in on the left of the green.
- The top left of the green will be designed with a ‘championship pin’ placement area in mind
- The green will have several slopes in it but will not be tiered as this limits the pin placement areas.
- The hole is designed to make it easy enough to play as a three shot hole, but will challenge those trying their luck in two shots.
- Consideration on going around planting, with a possibility of moving trees into position from other areas of the course
- The area to the left of the green will be lower than the fairway and mown as rough to make an approach from the left more difficult than from the right side of
- The right hand side while having a generous landing area will have moulded ridging as protection from the out of bounds as far as the new bunker area
PLEASE REFRAIN ON ANY HOLE FROM PLAYING UP A WRONG FAIRWAY. THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE AND IF IT CONTINUES WE WILL LOOK AT PUTTING IN INTERNAL OUT OF BOUNDS. THIS IS ESPECIALLY APPLICABLE TO NUMBERS 3 AND 7, ALSO NUMBERS 1 AND 18. YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO SEE YOUR LANDING AREA
- All ‘sensible’ suggestions or ideas please put into the suggestion box beside the telephone, no verbal ‘opinions’ can be taken into consideration